This is a two year preparation program. During the second year of preparation each unit is required before the Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred. All requirements have the purpose of modeling how to live our Catholic faith within our family, parish, and community.
Units to be completed:
- Registered Parish Member: Candidate and family must be registered as members of the parish. Candidate’s copies of Baptism and First Eucharist (Communion) certificates must be turned in to the parish office or program Coordinator.
- Attendance and full participation of Confirmation classes is required. Candidates can only miss 3 classes and still be in a good standing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Confirmation Retreat: The retreat is an important part of our Candidates preparation to receive Confirmation. This is a firm requirement to attend. A separate fee is required for retreat attendance. Each candidate will have signed registration, permission, and medical release forms to sign and turn in prior to attending.
- Letter of Request for Sacrament: Candidates for Confirmation are required to draft a letter to the Pastor of the Parish requesting the conferral of the Sacrament of Confirmation. The letter should include an explanation of why the candidate is requesting the sacrament.
- Rituals: Candidates will attend all RCIC or Confirmation scheduled celebration of rituals. These are usually celebrated with in the parish faith community during 10:30 Sunday Mass. Dates will be announced.
- Reconciliation: Candidates are encouraged to attend the Sacrament of Reconciliation on a regular basis. There are many opportunities to receive this sacrament. Specific guidelines for accountability will be given at parent meeting.
- Mass Attendance: Candidates are expected and required to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation. Specific guidelines for accountability will be given at parent meeting.
- Saint Project: Candidates are required to choose a saint. This saint serves as a model of prayer and devotion to the candidate’s faith. The project will be turned in. Specific guidelines will be given during class time.
- Service Hours: Specific guidelines will be given at parent meeting.
- Sponsor: Candidates are responsible for choosing their sponsor. A sponsor should be over 18 years old and a high school graduate who lives their Catholic faith and will support the candidate on their faith journey.
SPONSOR DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
Letter of Good Standing from own parish, Baptism Certificate, First Eucharist (Communion) Certificate, Confirmation Certificate and (if married) documentation that they are married in the Catholic Church.