This is a two year preparation program. During the second year of preparation each unit is required before the Sacrament is celebrated. All requirements have the purpose of modeling how to live our Catholic faith within our family, parish, and community.
Units to be completed:
- Registered Parish Member: The Communicant and family must be registered as members of the parish. Communicant’s copy of Baptism certificate must be turned in to the parish office or program Coordinator. Deadline is Nov.6, 2014
- Attendance and full participation of First Eucharist (Communion) classes is required. Communicant can only miss 3 classes and still be in a good standing to receive the Sacrament.
- Reconciliation: Communicant and at least one parent are expected to attend the Reconciliation Retreat on February 21, 2014.
- Mass Attendance: Communicant is expected and required to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation. Each communicant will receive a Mass booklet to be signed after each Mass.
- There are two programs offered at St. Padre Pio to best serve our community. On Wednesdays,
2nd and 3rd grade classes prepare children for the Sacrament. On Tuesdays, FIF/RCIC classes prepare children 3-12th grades for the Sacrament. Additional guidelines for each program will be given at parent meetings.